Dyson Painters Hobart Tips for Preparing Your Deck for Summer!
It’s summertime and despite the occasional shower, it’s time to think about getting your deck ready for those long evenings and glorious BBQs!
Summertime is just around the corner, and we all know what that means! BBQs, cricket, parties and long warm evenings entertaining on the deck! Dyson Painters Hobart has all the information you need to get your deck in tip-top shape. If your deck is painted and you would prefer a professional painter, then don’t hesitate to contact us at Dyson Painters Hobart.
There’s nothing worse than having friends and family around over the holidays only to have them all stand around on a shabby deck that’s looking past its best before date. Want you want is an impressive deck. A deck that everyone loves to enjoy. Your deck should be the pride of your entertaining area.
Below are the Dyson Painters Hobart tips for getting your deck ready for summer!
- Start with Cleaning
– Give your deck a good clean and scrub. You want to clear everything off your deck so that you can give it a good once over. Bunnings has a big range of deck cleaning products available here. Make sure that you follow the instructions on the deck cleaner carefully. You don’t want to damage your deck. After your deck is clean, you’ll have a better idea of how much maintenance it requires. You’ll want to allow the deck time to dry before you move onto the next stage.
- Check for Repairs
– Now it’s time to give your deck a good once over and look for any repairs or maintenance it may require. Check to make sure that there are no rough patches, no nails or screws sticking out, loose boards, or rotting boards. If you’re handy with a hammer, then now is a great time to tidy up your deck. If not, call a professional to give it the once-over.
- Sand, Oil, Stain or Paint
– Your deck is ready for sanding now if it’s required. The condition of your deck will determine how much sanding it needs. Get your oil, stain, or paint ready after you’ve sanded and followed the instructions. New decks will require staining and oiling more often for the first year. Weather conditions also play a big part in determining how much attention your deck will require.
- Tidy Up
– Now it’s time to put all the furniture and the BBQ back in place. This is a great time to think about upgrading/updating the outdoor furniture or BBQ. A new look for summer!
That’s it! Simple and easy tips for preparing your deck for summer. Sit back with a cold beer, a glass of wine, or glass of water and enjoy your new deck, we know all your friends will!